Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another Pumpkin Patch and Carving Pumpkins

So yesterday we went to another pumpkins patch- this time with John so he could get in on all the Halloween fun.  It was fun, but wouldn't recommend it over the other one we went to, mainly because they have a really fun boat ride and train ride, but it is way expensive and you can only go on once, unless you want to spend a ton of money.  Jackson absolutely loved the boat and train ride and was just beaming from ear to ear and kept yelling choo choo! But after the first ride, he ran back to the boat and wanted to go again and so we ended up having to carry a kicking and screaming little boy back to the car and then listen to him cry for while saying,  "choo choo, please" ...... not very fun, especially when you can't really explain to a kid that's not even 2 yet why we can't keep riding them.  But we ended up driving all the way to the other patch so that we could go on as many of the free tractor rides there as Jack wanted before heading home with some more super yummy carmel apples.  So the afternoon turned out good, and then last night we had our friends Tom & Lisa with their kids Jack and Lucy come over to carve pumpkins!  It was a fun night- made some yummy pizzas, watched the dry ice smoke over the counter(which Jackson thought was so cool), drank some homemade root beer, had pumpkin squares for dessert, watched Jack and Jack chase each other in circles while giggling like crazy, and then carved some pumpkins!  Jackson loved helping John scoop out the pumpkin guts, but with a spoon- he really didn't like it when he got some on his hands.  He also loved it when we lit candles inside of them and turned out all the lights.  I am just happy to have a kid that is finally old enough to be into Halloween!

I wish I had tons more pictures from the pumpkin patch, but unfortunately, Jackson was way too excited and distracted by the boat and train that he would not stop to even glance at the camera.  So here's the only good one we got from the afternoon:


gotta love free tractor-pulled hay rides

and here's some pictures of the pumpkin carving

scooping out pumpkin guts

as you can see- Jack really didnt like getting any of the pumpkin guts on his hands

and the final products from left to right- Lisa's goofy pumpkin face, my apparently baby pumpkin face as Tom called it (I was going for just happy, traditional face, but I am not so artistic), and John's scary pumpkin face


8 comments:

Christi said...

I love Halloween. It is so much more fun now that they are getting a little older. I love Jackson's faces!!!!

Shalene said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!! I like jacksons tee shirt. It will be fun when we get to celebrate it a little more too.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

How fun! We haven't carved our pumpkins yet - we need to get on it!! I guess I'm glad that we missed the little cow train ride at Lone Pine, I wouldn't have liked dealing with a kicking, screaming kid. That's good that you got to go to the other pumpkin patch, though. Free tractor rides is definitely a plus! I don't think any of the farms around here do that.

lisa said...

Great pictures of the pumpkins... (or "goobies" or whatever Jackson was calling them). That was so fun! I hope Jackson doesn't get sick, it's turned into a full- blown cold now with Jack and Lucy and I have it too. blah.

It's so fun that Jackson's been getting into all of the festivities... I can't wait for the years to come when Jacks starts to REALLY get into it. (yes, and I WILL send him with an extra pillow case to fill for mommy)

Shannon said...

You actually have fall there, ha! How fun! Good call on the free activities at pumpkin patches! We rode a train for 5 min's for $4... I love Jack's shirt. He is so fun, Deacon can't wait to play with him. Have the baby and come home dang it! The boys club cracked me up, way cute post.

Christine said...

We still haven't carved our pumpkins...but matt and I are supposed to be having a contest on who can carve Iron Man's face better! We are both not much of artists...but it should be fun. lol
I'm so glad Jackson had fun! (after the train and boat thing...totally understand what that feels like! It seemed like Elisabeth was like that all the time when she was younger! lol)
Have a happy halloween!

The Yates said...

cute pumpkins; yours turned out a lot better than mine, haha.

hope you guys have a happy halloween!

Amy said...

I love your pumpkins! Jackson is so CUTE!!! I need to call you because we haven't talked in forever! Love you and Happy Halloween!!!