Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween



We had a very fun Halloween!  During the week we went to a couple of Halloween story times where they did puppet shows and sang songs about pumpkins and fall and all that fun stuff.  All the kids wore their costumes and they were so cute, my favorite being Superman of course (aka Jackson).  Wednesday night the youth in our ward had a Halloween party for mutual and the adults had to dress up, so I threw together a Bee outfit, complete with duck tape stripes. :)  After I got all dressed up and was leaving for the activity, Jackson said to me, "Bye Bzzzzzz!" - that's what he calls bees- bzzzzzz's.  He thought it was pretty funny that I was all dressed up as a Bee.  Friday I got Jack dressed in his costume and we rode the Max into town to eat lunch with John and get some very yummy and warm carmel apple spice cider from Starbucks to warm us up since it was cold and rainy during the day.  That night we took Jack trick-or-treating to some of the members houses in our ward and around their neighborhood, and he absolutely loved it!  At first, after the people would put candy in his bucket he would say, "Thank You!", but then he would just stand there and wait for them to put more candy in.  Eventually he got the idea and would run up to each door and knock until someone came and then throw on the charm :) They all loved him, and I have to admit he was pretty darn cute in his costume complete with Lightning McQueen rain boots that he insisted on wearing.  We didn't really get the best pictures cuz we made the mistake of waiting til that night to take them, but here's the ones we did get:





and here's my costume

complete with wings and a stinger

10 comments:

Amy said...

I love your little superman! He is soo cute! Also, that is a very clever and cute bee costume Steph!!! Good idea! I love you!

ashley said...

best bee costume ever!
and to answer your question i have a nikon d40x camera. i love it. check out the christmas deals for one or a canon rebel, they are just what you would love!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

You make such a cute bee, Steph!! So clever! And, of course, Jackson is a very handsome Superman. It sounds like you had a great Halloween!

Christine said...

Fun! Jackson was a supercute superman! and I love the bee outfit!

Shannon said...

Aw, he's way cuter than clark kent. How fun that he can understand halloween. That is the cutest prego. bee costume, seriously you just look like you are all baby. way to go. you are going to be back to normal weight dec. 15th!

Shalene said...

i like the costumes!!!! way cute!!!! good idea getting the trick-or-treating in action!!!

Stephanie said...

Did you make your bee costume? I love it! Little superman looks like he had a great time. :)

lisa said...

K, the bee costume is super cute, especially for being "thrown together"... and it's perfect for your cute preggo belly!

I'm so glad Jackson had a good time, it's so fun to see them start getting into things like this. It kinda makes me want to go buy a bunch of clearance costumes just so they could have fun dressing up now!

kelly said...

so cute. both of your costumes are awesome!

NW Harbert's said...

Way fun, I love your costume. My husband saw you at the activity and mentioned it to me for an idea.