Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I definitely married the right guy....

I just wanted to also add to my Mother's Day post about how my day was because I really want John to know how much I appreciated it all! It was absolutely relaxing and wonderful, thanks to having the best husband ever! The poor guy worked hard and was exhausted by the end of the day.  First, he got up with Jackson who woke up just before 7 am, and he let me sleep in until 8:30! That was a very special treat that hasn't happened for a long time because the kids are always up before then.  After Baron and I woke up, Jackson and John brought me a very yummy breakfast in bed- my favorite cereal, Captain Crunch, scrambled eggs and cheese, toast, OJ and a banana raspberry protein shake.  They had also gotten me a card and a present! John had bought me the series, Band of Brothers, which I have always wanted to see the whole thing since as those of you who know me well know that I love history, especially WWII history.  I thought it was sweet that John had remembered that I had seen just some of that series on TV a long time ago and have always really wanted to see and buy the whole thing. Anyways, after that, John watched the kids so I could get ready for church without any kids rushing me and then at church they gave all the women some really yummy See's Candy! It was SO good! We only went to sacrament meeting because the boys all still have nasty colds right now, so afterwards, we came home and they both took great naps (Jackson even slept for 4 hours!!) and John and I got to watch a movie together.  Then John did the dishes and made me a VERY yummy dinner! Since he knows my favorite things to eat are all breakfasts foods, he made German pancakes, hash brown, eggs, bacon and sausage! It was all so good and I was so full! After dinner we got to talk to both our moms and wish them Happy Mother's Day, and John gave both the boys a bath and got them ready for bed so that I could relax and read a book. THEN, (no it's not over yet!) later on that night we got to eat some very yummy cheesecake that John had made himself! It was so good and a great way to end the day! So as you can see, I pretty much have the best husband ever! Of course I know we all think that, or should at least, but really I am just grateful to have such a loving hubbie who goes way out of his way to make days like Mother's Day extra special and relaxing for me! The poor guy really was exhausted by the end of the day from all the cooking, dishes, cleaning and babysitting, but it really meant a lot to me that instead of just trying to take me out or buy me a good Mother's Day, he went through all the effort to make everything homemade and extra special straight from him! I just want to let him know that I love him a lot and am grateful for all that he does!  You're the best John!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Cute! Way to go John! Happy Mother's Day Steph!

Christi said...

Good Job John! Sleeping in is the best!

Christine said...

Good job John! :)
He is a good guy!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

What a FABULOUS mother's day! I had to skip out on the breakfast in bed deal this year because we got up early and went to my parents' ward but I've been reassured I will get it for my b-day this Sunday! Anyway, it sounds like you were WELL taken care of by all your boys. Nice work, John!