Friday, May 22, 2009

Baron Update


Just thought I'd give an update of what Bear is up to these days since I haven't posted about him for a little while!  The little, well not so little, guy is now 5 1/2 months old and all over the place! Here's some of the things he's been up to:

ROLLING: Ever since the last week in California, he has been rolling all over the place! It's been a lot of fun, but also a lot like having a crawler because he can get to anything on the floor! He seriously moves really good because he can roll every way possible, but also when he is on his stomach he can spin around to face any direction AND, lately he is starting to sort of crawl, well more like slowly wiggle his way to things in front of him on his belly. 

SITTING UP: Just this week he has started to sit up! YAY! Sometimes he only sits for a minute or so because he wants to get on his belly to get to a toy, but his record is up to 15 mins. without falling now!  

STILL SMILING: He is still just about the happiest baby ever and is always smiling at everyone everywhere we go! 

EATING:  He eats SO MUCH! Seriously, Jackson hated baby food- didn't even really start eating any of it until like 7 months, and then would only eat pears and yogurt. Bear LOVES food and eats so much! He is just a starving boy and so different from his brother! He eats a little bit of rice cereal for lunch, and at dinner time he eats a whole container of baby food mixed with about 5-6 TBS of rice cereal and still nurses afterwards! The kid eats like there's no tomorrow! And he likes all kind of things like sweet potatoes (those are his favorite), squash, carrots, and he isn't too excited about peas, but we are working on that.  

SCREAMING AND GIGGLING: Bear loves to scream like an orcha whale when he is happy, just like his brother used to do, and he loves to blow bubbles.  He is always giggling at Jackson.  Seriously, it is the cutest thing.  Jackson will just jump up and down or stick his tongue at Bear and he just giggles and giggles.  It is sooooo darn cute! I am so so happy they are such good buddies already! I thought that wouldn't come for another year or so, but they really love each other!  If Baron isn't in the room with us, Jackson always asks where he is, and he loves to make him laugh and lately has been trying to hold him, which is hard to do since Baron weighs 19 lbs.! He is pretty tall though. 

Well that's about it! We sure love our Baby Bear! Now on to the best part..... pictures of the little chunk that we have taken in the past month!





John took these ones right after he had eaten so he has sweet potatoes all over his face!


Rolling under the bed


6 comments:

Emily said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad he's a good, happy baby. That gives me hope for my second.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I just love that little chunk! What a happy guy. How cool that he's already sitting up quite a bit and rolling so much. And I love that he eats like a champ - Ethan hated peas at first and will now eat CANNED peas! Yuck! He definitely doesn't get that from me. I don't like much canned veggies. Anyway, Baron is just a cutie. Hopefully we can come up for a temple date sometime in the next month and visit you guys! Actually, we may be up on June 6th for a wedding, so I'll let you know if we're coming up.

Shalene said...

He is looking so much older!! That is good that food is a favorite....and cool that he is starting to sit up and stuff...fun,fun,fun.....

Christi said...

I love that he is bigger than Alice. I love all the pictures. I can't wait to see him!!

And I Think to Myself.....What a Wonderful World! said...

HI Stephanie, It was so good to see you and the kids when you were down. Next time your all out though we really need to go down and do a beach picture!
I love the pictures that John took of your baby bear, he is just so precious and he did great work, i loved the lighting too!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

The website I'm using to turn my blog into a book is blurb.com
Once you download their Booksmart program, it works very similar to Shutterfly but allows you to "slurp" (that's what they call it) your blog entries into the program so you only have to work on layouts and other editing. It's still a very time-consuming process and a lot of my pictures I've had to put in again because they weren't very high quality from blogger. At least there is no cutting & pasting or (even worse) retyping! I also noticed that when I try to open their site on Internet Explorer, it usually causes an error and shuts down the browser. I haven't had any problems, though, when I use FireFox.
Right now I'm working on our 2008 blog book, then I'm hoping to get caught up with 2009 and just add entries as I go. Another thing to eat up my time!! :)