Monday, September 1, 2008

The Zoo and a Jackson Update

 Jackson and I went to the Portland Zoo Friday, and he absolutely loved running around and seeing all the animals.  The elephants were his favorite animal to see, but i think his very favorite part of the trip was the train ride.  He was soooooo excited and just kept saying, "choo choo!" over and over.  He is really into trains lately, and loves to go meet Daddy at the Max- the city transportation one- when he gets home from work at night.  I only have a few pictures from the zoo, mainly because Jackson decided not to ever look at me or smile when the camera was out, but here's a few:





Other than the zoo, I have really enjoyed being able to spend so much time with Jackson now.  It is so nice to be able to play with him without tenants needed attention every second of the day.  It's also been nice to be able to take him to the park during the day, or walk through the nature park together or just run errands whenever we want.  And Jackson is becoming such a little boy, and also my little copy cat and helper.  Because I write in this more than his journal and because I plan on getting it made into a book one day, here's some of his favorite things to do right now:
* Play with his cars and trucks (especially his Lightning McQueen car) all day long
*Bath time with his "fishies" as he calls them- all his little sharks, dolphines, shamus, turtles, etc. that my mom got him when we went to Sea World
*Watching the trash man every Thursday morning without fail from our kitchen window
*Watches Cars and Finding Nemo
*He is suddenly really into reading books, which I love because up until now, he would never sit still long enough for me to read to him no matter how much i tried
*Rubbing my belly while saying, "Baby"
*Standing and sitting on Daddy's skateboards/longboards and riding them through the kitchen
*Doing laps around the kitchen island with his big tonka truck
*Getting down like he is in his blocks and saying, "Ready, Set, Go!"- he really enjoyed watching the olympics and paid real good attention.  The sprinters were his favorite.
*Making a pile of pillows and laundry, climbing onto the step stool and yelling jump while he jumps up and lands on his bum on the pile
*Swinging on the swings at the park
*Throwing the clothes from the washer into the dryer as I hand them to him and then slamming the door shut
*Picking up Dad at the Max station and watching the "Choo Choo's"
*Playing Ring Around the Rosie (a new favorite thanks to the Jensens)

He sure is fun to have around, and though I am super excited to add another little boy to the craziness in December, I am really starting realize that we only have so much more time with just us.  It makes me want to make the most of everyday together.  It has gotten really hard lately though to be patient for this next little boy to be here, mainly because it seems like everyone else is having their babies now, and because this little boy inside of me has suddenly gotten crazy lately.  Last night as I was trying to fall asleep in bed he was seriously like doing flips and turns like he was in the middle of a swimming race! He seems to always be on the move now, which means that he is most likely going to be just as active and crazy as Jackson! Looking forward to the good, but crazy times!

watching the trash man
lining up his cars


3 comments:

Christi said...

I am glad that you guys got to go to the zoo. I want to go so bad. I wish that we were there to go with you! I am glad that you have more time with Jackson! Miss you guys!

Shannon said...

Skateboarding at 1.. love it...He is such a little man now... where did baby jack jack go? Cute pic's at the zoo! That looks a little cooler than the donkey at Irvine Park zoo, ha! I love the overalls... remember....prego. pic... we need one!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

What a great outing! I'm thinking the zoo is going to have to wait for us until next Spring at this point...
Jackson and Ethan will be best buddies! That list could almost be word for word Ethan's list of favorite things to do - except for the baby in mommy's tummy part! :)
Great pictures!