Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh What's in a Name

So I thought since I have confused a couple of people with the new baby's name that I would explain to everyone what the plan is.  We have decided to keep with the tradition and use family maiden names (both Jackson and Jeffrey are maiden names on John's side of the family). So, we are going to call this little one going crazy inside of me,           Baron James Graham.  (for those who don't know, Baron is my maiden name, and James is a family name). We both like that, like Jack, it is a solid boy name.  And hopefully if we ever have a girl she will one day want to keep the tradition alive- I think Graham could be a good first name!  But it only works of course if you marry someone with a last name that could be used as a first, so if she meets someone with a crazy last name, she just might have to dump him! hehe :)

As for an update, Jackson' still got a nasty runny nose that he felt ever so kind to share with John- i haven't gotten it yet, but you never know.  John is studying for the CPA.  Baby Baron has been making my stomach sore from moving around so much (he is definitely going to be another strong baby like Jackson was- who got that from his dad, says Sue, John's mom).  I met my Laurel class at church yesterday and they all seem really fun and excited, so I am looking forward to working with them!  It was so cute- the YW president introduced me yesterday to them and they gave me a welcome necklace with the YW symbol and made me tell them a little about myself.  I think this new calling is going to be a ton of fun!  But that is pretty much all that is up with us lately..... nothing too exciting!

7 comments:

Christine said...

I have always loved the name james! it is a nice solid name! I just don't like the shortend ways... like jimmy- not a fan of that. lol
another i like for some reason is peter...but again i don't like pete- has to be the full name. lol
maybe its something with my name and how people like to shorten it to chris- no thank you! full name please! lol

Christi said...

I really like the name Baron and James well I am a little partial to it!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Stephanie said...

I didn't know that about the names. What a cool idea! And a great way to keep the family history going - the boys will want to know where they got their names. :D

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I really like the new one's name - Baron James is definitely a solid boy's name. Now, oh clever one, any ideas on how to incorporate 'Toftdahl' if we ever have another boy?!? You lucked out on the last names crossing over easy to first names!
Also, have fun working with the YW! Definitely one of my favorite callings. :)

The Yates said...

Love it, so fun. Will you call him Baron or call him James? Love the idea.

PS- We are so unsure of what is going on for Christmas, since you asked. The only definite plans are CA for Thanksgiving; we already have flights. But Christmas is supposed to be in MT, but we aren't sure w/ the wedding....but we want to see Josh's family. Crazy! So...we'll see. I'll let you know.

Justin + kelly said...

Super cute. isnt everything in a name! I didnt know that about Jackson, super cool idea. Justin and I LOVE last names as first names. But would the girls name be Graham Graham while she is growing up? Im confued!

NW Harbert's said...

Hello Stephanie, It was so nice to sit and get to know you this morning. I hope we can continue to do that.
I love the striped outfit in your other post. I agree, I go nuts finding the perfect take home outfit or picture outfit for the hospital.