Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jackson Update!



So I feel kind of bad that most of the posts on here for the past 6 months have been about our new little guy, so I thought it was time I did an update on Jackson.  Jackson has been growing up like crazy! Not only is he physically getting bigger- the kid is so tall now- he is getting smarter and smarter.  He pretty much can say anything now and puts together full on sentences.  It has been wonderful in the whole communicating wants and needs sense between us.  Plus it has been a lot of fun as he says the funniest things lately.  He still has just about the most energy you've seen from a little boy and lately has really been into playing baseball with mostly his dad, but also anyone who will throw him some pitches.  And he is pretty darn good at hitting the ball with just about any of his wiffle bats.  It is surprising just how accurate he is, but we also figured that having both parents being athletic and way into sports, he has to be pretty coordinated.  Anyways, the most exciting thing about Jackson lately is that he is totally POTTY TRAINED!!! Wahoo! He actually has been for a couple of months since around Easter, but I am a bad mom and forgot to post about it! He pretty much decided that about a month after my failed attempt to potty train him back in March, he was totally ready.  He has done great and is really good about letting us know when he needs to go.  He loves his big boy underwear, and gets really excited still everytime he poops in the toilet and always wants to show us so we can tell him how proud we are...... it cracks us up!  Jackson also loves to help me in the kitchen and is really into doing everything himself.  I hear this all the time: "No, Jackson do it" when we try to help him.  He definitely has his terrible 2 moments with power struggles like that, but overall he is a good kid.  He is still very protective of and loves his little brother.  He also loves making Bear laugh.  Jackson is also becoming a little ladies man.  All the girls at church and everywhere we go seem to have a crush on him.  During sacrament they are always giggling and waving to him.  It's so cute.  His favorite little girlfriend right now is our neighbor, Lucia.  She will turn 2 at the end of this month and they are buddies! We walk with her and her mom, Klara almost everyday.  Their family just joined the church, but they are moving this next week to LA.  We are super sad to see them go :(  But it is looking like we will be moving soon too.... not sure where yet, but our lease is ending and rent is way expensive so we are looking for a new place! Well that is about it on the Jackson update for now!



7 comments:

Mandy said...

Jackson doesn't look so much like a toddler anymore, but much more like a little boy. I can't believe how quickly they grow. I still remember you being pregnant with him... and now you have two! I'm excited about having a little boy of my own. I can tell that it's a totally different experience than having a girl, but when I think about him being my SON, I fall in love with him all over again. AND... he just might be born on your birthdays/anniversary... we'll see!

Emily said...

Of course he's a lady's man...look at that face! I'm jealous he's all potty trained...that is my life right now and it's not coming quite so easily!

Christi said...

I love Jackson!!! I can't believe that he is already potty trained. That is awesome!!!! I can't wait to see your place before you move.

Shannon said...

aww... jack jack look how sweet he looks. i LOVE his hair like that. That's sooo rad he's potty trained! Yes, UP was good. Kinda random, but I was cracking up the whole time, and I can totally see you and John and def. Jackson laughing the whole time!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Way to go being potty trained, Jackson!! We are really loving this age too and all of the communication helps a lot! We sure miss you guys and I'm sad that last Saturday didn't work out but I know we were really busy and it sounds like you guys probably were too.
Jackson is such a cutie, it was nice to hear a little update about him. :)

Shalene said...

He is getting so big....and to not have to buy diapers is a life saver....at least two different sizes...

Claudia said...

What a cutie! So you're moving too? Are you going to stay in the ward, or are you still unsure?