Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day... a little late :)

I know father's day has already come and gone, but I wanted to make sure that my dad knew that I think he is the best!  I have so many wonderful memories with my Dad growing up.  And I have so many of those mostly because he made sure he was there and put his kids first.  Whether it was him cheering for us or actually being our coach at all our sports games, playing roller hockey with him in the street, riding our bikes to Irvine Park, eating little smokies at the river, or having spiritual discussions with him during FHE that helped spark that testimony within me of the gospel, he was always there.  Thanks to him I learned early on what a real father should be.  Thanks for everything Dad! We love and miss you tons! 




ALSO, I can't forget to mention that I feel so lucky and blessed because my kids also having a truly amazing and wonderful dad!  Really John, you have been more than I could have ever asked for in the way you father our 2 little boys.  Thanks for being SO patient with them, thanks for taking the time to wrestle a 2 year old or throw him some pitches after work even though you've had a long day, thanks for always being willing to hold a cranky baby as soon as you walk through the door so that I can finally get a break or finish dinner, and most importantly, thanks for loving them with all your heart and for being their hero.... I love that Jackson wants to do everything you do.  It makes my life complete to be sharing it with you! I love you John! 

I love these 3! 

2 comments:

Shalene said...

We hope that John had a very Happy Father's Day!!!!
We Love John too!! (but not the way you do steph) :)

"And I Think to Myself,..What a Wonderful World!" said...

Beautifully said Stephanie!
Hugs
Katie