Monday, June 29, 2009

Doing Much Better

So John pointed out that I need to update everyone because I am doing much better than the last time I posted.  I am able to walk on my knee pretty well as long as I am still wearing the big bulky brace the Dr. said I had to wear anyways while walking or sleeping. It is really hard to sleep all night with a straight achy leg, but a little something called vicodin helps with that :).  My mom had to fly home this morning and we were all very sad to see her go.  We miss all her help and attention tons (and our kitchen, washer & dryer, our bellies, and the oven and our cheerio covered floors also miss her attention too!).  But some of my laurels are set to come over in the mornings to play with the kids so I can rest until my mother-in-law comes up Wednesday to help out.  One thing that this whole experience has given me is the knowledge that we sure have a lot of people who love us and care about us.  There have been so many people offering to help out and make sure we are taken care of.  Plus it seems like everyone we know has offered prayers on my behalf, so thank you, thank you, thank you if you are one of them! It really means a lot!  I have a Dr. appointment Thursday and am hoping to get the stitches out and perhaps be given instructions to not wear the knee brace quite so often... preferably at night :)  I will update more then!  In the meantime, here's a couple pictures of my knee without all the gauze and the sleeve on that I just took today:

You can see the 2 small incisions they made for the Arthroscopy... I am so glad they didn't have to do a full on incision.  I have 2 stitches in both sides, and they used blue thread, which I thought that was kind of interesting... I thought all stitches were black.

And as you can tell from both of these pictures, my knee is still pretty swollen and bruised. 


*And just as a little disclaimer... I know that these past 2 posts have not always made sense or been some of my best writings.... it's the pain meds and exhaustion speaking.  Just thought I'd clarify :)

3 comments:

Christi said...

I am so glad that you are trucking through it!! It is so nice that you have people around to help!!! Keep us updated!

Shalene said...

we are glad to hear that things are moving along smoothly!!! It really is nice to have help from so many!!!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Yay! Glad that you are "doing much better"!! Blue stitches, huh? I'm with you, I just figured all stitches were black. Hmm.
Hope your recovery continues to go quickly. Take care!!