Thursday, February 5, 2009

Baron's Baby Blessing



This past weekend was very special and a ton of fun, and we are very sad it's all over and everyone is back home :(.  It was especially nice to have my parents and younger brother come up from Southern California and get to see some of the beautiful state of Oregon and where we live out here.  Here's the shortened timeline of events that went on:

*Friday:
-Steph's family flew in to Portland in the afternoon
-We hung out at our place getting to know Baby Baron and showed my family the ropes and played with Jackson
-Ate dinner out at Red Robin......yum! We celebrated Colby and Jackson's birthdays (just a couple of months late.... their b-days are in November) and had them sang to at the restaurant
-Walked around a nice outdoor mall and hung out at REI for awhile
-Nick (John's older brother) flew into town late that night

*Saturday:
-Ate a big pancake breakfast
-Walked around the Nike campus and checked out all the neat stuff there (pictures might come in a later post b/c my dad took those with his camera- waiting for him to e-mail them to me!)
-Jeff, Shalene and their little girl, Summer showed up that afternoon and we all hung out and played a fun, jeopardy like game called Buzz on the playstation
-John's parents and sister Heather drive up later that day
-All the boys and Heather take the max to the Rose Garden to watch the Blazers beat the Utah Jazz
-The girls, and kids, go to Washington Square mall to eat at Cheesecake Factory and shop around 
-Grandma Sue and Shalene take Jackson and Summer swimming back at their hotel
-Everyone meets back up after the game at our place to have some super yummy homemade (thanks mom!) French Apple Pie!  and we also tested Gale and Sue's knowledge by playing some more Buzz with them

*Sunday:
-Blessing day!! It was a very special day and John gave Baron a wonderful blessing at church.  We were so lucky to have the support of so many family members and friends that day! Thanks to everyone who came!
-After church we all went back to our place and ate a lot of yummy food thanks in big part to my mom who did most of the cooking and setting up! We also hung out and watched the Australian Open and the Super Bowl!
-Everyone except my family heads back home that night.  John and I dueled my parents in Buzz until late that night- it really is a fun game!

*Monday:
-My family flew back home early in the morning :(
-The boys and I, exhausted from such a fun and exciting weekend, took a nice long nap

and here's a bunch of pictures from the eventful weekend:

John and Baron


here's the whole group, minus The Jensens, our good friends who were also there that day, and Sean- Jennifer's husband who was nice enough to offer to take the picture! (Jennifer is John's cousin)

Steph's side of the family- well the ones who were able to make it all the way out for the weekend

John's side of the family

The Graham boys- Nick, John and Jeff

Our cute little family of 4!

Jackson as you can tell was exhausted by this point and refused to cooperate for any pictures
My parents with the big man of the hour (and he really is so big already even though he is only 8 weeks old!)

The Boys


He is already such a happy and smiley baby! 


Jackson has been saying, "Colby, where are you?" and "Where's Heather?" all week..... poor guy.  He really misses his buddies! Hopefully we will get to see everyone again sometime soon! It was a very fun weekend!

11 comments:

Mandy said...

Baron is ginormous, but absolutely adorable. You guys all look great. I miss seeing everyone from your family (extended too) at Willamalane, but I'm glad I can still see pics and keep updated with how you all are doing. I wish you the best!

Christi said...

I am so jealous that I missed it. I am glad that it all went well. I miss you guys!!!!!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

It was a fun day! It was so great to see you, John and the boys and your family and all of the Grahams. We are SO SORRY we were late. ARGH!! I couldn't believe it. SO FRUSTRATING! That's what I get for taking a last minute phone call. One of the YW presidents in the stake had questions about our upcoming basketball season, which I'm in charge of, and the call took longer than I expected. We still wanted to be there to support you though.
I'm still surprised how well the boys played together considering they were both running on fumes. Ethan was out within minutes of getting in the car. Fell asleep with a book leaning against his head! Also, thanks for snagging me a chance to hold Baron! :)
And finally, great pictures! (Hope you don't mind, but I may have to snag a couple if I blog about our weekend.)

Shalene said...

it was a fun weekend!!! Your family is very nice and your mom did do a great job on cooking and stuff it was tasty!!! the pictures are great!!

NW Harbert's said...

Way fun. It was a beautiful blessing. I noticed that all John's brothers look so much a like. How do you tell them apart?

Christine said...

Aw cute pictures! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it! I have to conduct the choir...we are singing for stake conference the 1st of march.
Looks like it was a fun weekend! Love to you all! :)

The Yates said...

aren't family visits the best? :)

Shannon said...

Hey Steph.. I am so glad you put pic's up! Wish we could've come... Baron is absolutely beautiful. seriously. I lvoe the pics with dad especially...he is the cutest grandpa ever!

Stephanie said...

How wonderful! Looks like it was a perfect weekend. Baron is absolutely adorable - and Steph, you look beautiful!

Elisabeth said...

Hey, Glad you had such a fun weekend.. me and my mom are coming up in march because we have to drop Christine off at the airport!

ashley said...

so cool that you had so much family there! i love that your dad loves little babies so much, cute pic of the two of them!