Friday, November 7, 2008

He knows his pregnant wife....

So I have done a lot better with this pregnancy than I did with Jackson in not gaining as much weight, not eating as much junk food and working out more and for longer into the pregnancy.  Last night however, I had a major break down.  I had been having all these strong cravings all day, and when John got home from work I was telling him things like, "You know what sounds really good right now? A shirley temple.... no Dad's root beer....... and some mini butterfingers, or just a big piece of milk chocolate."  After dinner, John, being the amazing husband that he is made a quick trip to the store.  When he left he asked what I wanted and I just said butterfingers.  Then, while he was gone I kept thinking, I really want something to drink too and some other chocolate, but I decided not to call him.  Luckily John knows me all too well while I am pregnant and came home with this:
Isn't he just the best??!  And don't worry, I didn't eat it all- I actually only had a little of each and that was plenty to satisfy my cravings. :)

Last night I had the 2nd dream in the past month of baby Baron being here.  I could see his little face so clear and knew exactly what he looked like- he was a little cutie! His hair was lighter than Jackson's was when he was born, and he had a little more of it too, with a cute little bald spot right on the back top- that part was kind of random. He looked a lot like Jackson, but with more of John's eyes than mine, though he still had really long eyelashes (which I don't know why he wouldn't since John and I both have long lashes)  He was super smiley and cuddly and I love having these dreams, but it also is making me more impatient just to have him here.  So I gave him the pep talk again this morning.  This is what it is:

"Baron, I would really appreciate it if you came early.......... however, just make sure your arrival doesn't prevent:
1.) Us from going to Glide for Thanksgiving to see Nick and Christi and their girls and eating a super yummy Thanksgiving meal
and 
2.) Me from getting to see Twilight with the Graham girls the day after Thanksgiving
-Besides those 2 things, you are good to come whenever!"

8 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

What a good hubby!! That is so sweet that he remembered everything you'd been craving. And I love your pep talk to Baron - too funny!
Can't wait to see you guys. :)
And I wish that Jackson hadn't been sick for the Children's Museum - they would've had fun together. Much more fun that just boring ol' mom and dad!

Christi said...

Good job John! You have the craziest dreams when you are pregnant!!! That is cool.
Yeah tell Baron not to come until at least after Thanksgiving. If he wants to come on Sat. after Thanksgiving and Twilight I will be ok with that b/c then we could see him before we leave!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys.

Shalene said...

I is nice to endulge sometimes. It makes the sweets much more tasty when you havent had it for awhile. I like the pep talk too... it is cute....see you tomorrow!!!

NW Harbert's said...

Way to go hubby! I unfortunately have been restricted to a no sugar diet and all of those things are my favorite. Well I like dark not milk chocolate.
Good pep talk too, maybe he will listen. I have not had any more dreams about this baby since the one that told me he was a boy! I hopefully will. Have a good Thanksgiving.

lisa said...

Nice work John... there's a special place in heaven for husbands who bring home junk food for their suffering wives!

I'm so excited to see little baby Baron, it's going to be so fun to see how accurate those dreams are. Thanks so much for taking Jack the other day... that's hilarious that they just jumped up and down screaming for the first few minutes, I can totally picture it. We've driven by a few times onthe way out to the house recently and everytime he yells "MOM!" and then he points to your house and smiles like "can we go there??"

Stephanie said...

What a good man! And you DO dessert to splurge every once in a while.
Really neat about those dreams of Baron. :)

Shannon said...

Yeah! Shirley temples, so remind me of you and don jose's and chips and salsa! I can't believe you can remember your dreams so perfectly! You have to write those down.... how are you feeling?

Jennie said...

Hi Stephanie! It's great to have more blogging friends. :)

Isn't it wonderful to have a kind and sweet husband?