Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend!

We went down to Glide to be with John's parents for Easter.  We love Glide... it is always such a wonderful break to get out of the city, away from jobs and stress and out into the country where it is so calm and peaceful and absolutely gorgeous!

Saturday morning we had planned on driving down to Eugene and spending most of the day there watching Aunt Heather play some softball.  We still made it down there to watch her last game, but were a few hours late due to some unexpected trauma.  Just as we were getting ready to jump in the car to head down to Eugene, Baron ran into the corner of the tailgate of our truck that was down for loading up stuff.  I was putting some things into the front seat when I heard the collision and looked over to see blood pooling on the front corner of his head.  It was coming out fast.  My first reaction was to put pressure on it to stop the bleeding- by the amount of blood I thought it was going to be a huge gash.  So there I was with my hands held firmly against his forehead and blood was streaming down his face and all down my hands.  I yelled for John, who happened to be cutting up some wood in the shop at that exact moment and could not hear my pleas.  My next thought was to yell for Jackson- he came right away, and was very obedient and went and got Dad right away just liked I asked him too... he didn't even get freaked out by all the blood.  I was SO grateful for his immediate obedience and calmness! Jackson saved the day :).  John came right after that and grabbed some towels and we got Baron cleaned up enough to see that he did indeed have a gash, but determined it was something we could use superglue on.  Thank goodness for superglue!! I LOVE that stuff... this is the 2nd time it has saved us from a hospital trip (both times were Baron- he is our more adventurous and accident prone child).  I am also very grateful I felt inspired to throw in the Children's Motrin into my bag last second before we left Portland.  It was needed to keep him happy and calm for the rest of the weekend.

After that we still headed down to Eugene, watched some softball, went and picked up John's grandpa's motorcycle he inherited and then grabbed some food from one of favorite places in Eugene that we miss a ton, Ron's Island grill.   That place is so good.  Then we headed back down to Glide just in time to dye some Easter eggs and watch Tangled together.  It still ended up being a nice and fun day together.  Just wasn't expecting it to start off the way it did :).

Easter Sunday I was really feeling nasty due to a virus that has left me without a voice and all stuffed up, so Baron and I ended up staying home from church and taking a much needed nap.  But the boys had fun that morning finding eggs around the house and on the deck and seeing the fun little gifts the Easter Bunny left for them in their baskets, including a homemade sock monkey and sock elephant that she (the Easter Bunny that is) stayed up late finishing :).  We had a wonderful and very delicious dinner made by Grandma Sue that evening, took a nice family walk outside and then very reluctantly packed up and headed home.

It's always hard to leave that place.  It is always just the break we needed.  Jackson was crying when we left because he wants to live there.  Grandma told him he should live there and go to school with them and he is all for it.  Both our boys are always so happy out in the country with lots of space and run and play and with Maggie and the cats.  Of course it helps that Heather and Grandpa and Grandma are there to spoil them, love them, tickle them, buy them their favorite yogurt drinks that mom never buys, give them ice cream, play Big Bad Wolf with and let them stay up extra late and watch movies together.  Who wouldn't be happy there?


Here's my handsome boys on Easter morning:




I LOVE THESE 3!!!


2 comments:

Christi said...

Poor little Baron! I hope it heals fast. So John got a motorcycle? This is the first we have heard about this. I want to see pictures. Cute Easter pictures!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Way to go with dealing with Baron's owie. Poor kid! Glad you had such a nice Easter. Hope you get to feeling better soon.