Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby Bear Says...

So remember THIS POST way back in April of '08? Well I don't want Baron to be one of those middle children (like both John & I are) who don't have any pictures or videos but their older sibling has tons, so today I attempted to get Baron on video of some of the things he is saying now a days. Plus, I have no idea where his journal is to write this down... oh wait, I am a bad mom and a horrible journal writer and therefore do not have one for him yet! BUT, I am in the very slow process of turning this blog into books for the boys and that is why I like to write this kind of stuff in here- not just to brag, but for their own journaling purposes.

Anyways, ever since we left on vacation, Bear has started adding lots of new words to his vocab! Just while we were in California alone he added 13 words in the 2 1/2 weeks! I definitely think a lot of that had to do with running around after Jackson and Deacon and everyone else, but also, this kid is smart. He picks things up really fast. Most of the time we are not even saying the word to him, but he says it anyways and is always surprising us!

So, for journaling (and slightly proud parenting) reasons, at 13 1/2ish months, Baron can say these words: Ball, juice, Dahdee, Mom or Mommy, nana for banana, cheese (as in everytime we get the camera out he says cheese while smiling!), pooh as in "i have a stinky diaper", Jacksee for Jackson, Papa, Bolby for Colby, bye-bye, night-night, Love you, shoooeeshhh for shoes, ut oh!, choo-choo (and oh how he loves them!), thank-you -even though it's hard to understand, he says it at the right time, No no no, peashe for please, ba for bath, apple, coose me for excuse me, and one of my favorites: "Ta Da!". He also does the sign for more. Here's just a few words I could get him to say on camera: (I LOVE the end! SO darn cute!)



Besides talking, he is really starting to understand a lot more and he is still a really big climber- it is quite common to find him on top of the table or on a high box. He is also starting to really get into choo-choo's and cars, doesn't really care much for any movies or shows (complete opposite of his brother), still opens his mouth real big and says ahhhhh when eating- the kid just really loves food,( also completly opposite of his brother), and he is just learning how to shoot hoops on the little tikes hoop! He is usually into everything, but sure is a blast to have around!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe how super huge this boy is getting! And none of that "bad mom" stuff - you're awesome. I think that those who are perfect journal keepers and all that are fewer than we'd think - most of us are just trying to get through each day and keep our kids happy and healthy. You're doing a great job and two happy, adorable kiddos. :)

Mandy said...

I love the video of him talking. These moments are so priceless! I am great at taking pictures (he is my first kid) but I think videos add a whole other perspective. I want to do more videos, especially when he starts to talk.

Thanks for posting on my bad mommy blog too! I think it's fun and enjoyed what you added. I forgot to include you in my list bc I was just going through my infertility list. When you commented, I realized I had about 5 more people I could add! So, you're on there now. Thanks again!

Hope you guys are good!

Shalene said...

He is just growing up so fast! For some reason they do that. : )

The Yates said...

aww..i love little babies talking. so adorable!