Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bass Lake

We had a great time on our trip to Bass Lake! It was a ton of fun to be all together with my family, thanks to the Silver Baron (my grandpa's nickname) and we were sad to head home at the end of the trip. The boys did really well in the car, mostly because we rented a new explorer that was really nice and spacious... it was worth every penny to rent it for the drive since we had a ways to go and way too much stuff to bring! Anyways, we spent the week riding, as Jackson would say, "fast boats!", did lots of swimming, enjoyed the 80 degree water of the lake, rode the sea doo's a lot one day (those are my favorite!!), went tubing, rode on the 6 man banana and stayed up way too late playing games and laughing so hard my stomach hurt! It was a blast! Oh, and John tried wakeboarding for the first time ever and got up and went practically half way around the lake! I was so proud of him... hopefully my knee will be a lot stronger next time because it was so hard just watching and not being able to ski or wakeboard myself. We took a ton of pictures, so be prepared to see a lot!





the only picture i got of John- before he stood up.... I was really nervous about getting the camera wet so I didn't bring it out on the ski boat much


we tried to get Jackson to go on the tube with us....
he wasn't too happy about that
But he sure was happy as long as he was driving the boat or simple just riding on it, going fast!

My mom & Baron.... he wasn't too happy about the life jacket

Dinner at Ducy's on the lake


we kept trying to get pictures of all the grandkids, but soon figured out that it is impossible to get 4 kids all under the age of 3 to be happy and all looking at the camera at once... we still tried multiple times though :)













We will forever miss you shiny blue explorer... thanks for all the good road trip memories. Oh how i wish you weren't so expensive!!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Yeah! Love the pics! I stole a few off your blog, thanks! ha Miss you guys a ton... wow that is crazy the apt. management situation. I can't believe they told you that late!!! I guess it all worked out for the better and all i can remember about where you live now is over the bridge next to claim jumper...

The Yates said...

good luck with the move! crazy stuff. hope it works out smoothly!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

It looks like you all had a BLAST!!! What a fun tradition... was this sort of a family reunion? Anyway all of the water activities - looks like you had a crazy-good time! And it's always so fun to stay up late with friends and family playing games and talking. It sounds like your trip was awesome! I love all of the pictures - that one close-up of Jackson in the life vest is adorable. :)

And don't you just LOVE all the cargo room in the explorers? We love ours... especially for road trips.

Shalene said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. It really does make a difference when you have room in your car when you are traveling long distances.

Christine said...

Can I just say FUN!!!! I LOVE the lake! I loved your pictures! I think I have yet to actually see Baron! He is getting so big! I hope everything goes well with the move! Love ya guys!

Crazy In Love said...

I am so glad you guys had a good car ride! I know you were worried about that. Sorry Andrew couldn't help out more with that :( Let us know if you need any help.

Christi said...

I think you should just not return the explorer and pretend it is yours!!! I am glad that you guys had a fun time. I am so jealous, lakes are so much fun.

And I Think to Myself.....What a Wonderful World! said...

Hi Stephanie, absolutely pictures of your family trip! I will comment more but just wanted to answer your question you had regarding posting pictures on my blog, to the side of my page. I just went to GOOGLE Image, and typed in TEMPLE. Once I found the one I wanted, i saved it to my desk top and then uploaded it to my blog like you do with your other pictures. Does that help?
I believe there is a place in the SETTINGS tab where you can go into when creating your blog and you can place them to the side of your page. Call me if you need me to help you with it.
Katie