Monday, October 15, 2007

Look Who's Walking!




Yep, the day I was so excited for, yet dreaded at the same time has finally arrived. Jackson is walking! Just this last week around the middle of the week he took about 10 steps and we were sooo excited. The next day he wasn't really into it anymore even though we tried and tried to get him to walk to us. Then, all of a sudden he decided he really does want to walk. Yesterday at church Jack was standing up next to me and I was holding his hand while talking to someone. All of a sudden, he lets go of my hand and walks right out of the chapel into the foyer like he had been walking for months! All of the rest of the day he would just take off! We went to a student ward potluck for dinner and there were a bunch of kids running around playing. Jackson got excited and started walking after them to go play all excited. He is still very slow at it and he walks with his hand straight up in the air, but he is doing it! His record now is over 30 steps in a row. And along with that, last night he figured out how to walk up to our door, stand on his tippy toes and pull down the handle and then use his other hand to open the door! Looks like we have some more baby proofing to do! Luckily our front door has a deadbolt up high that he can't reach, but he loves to open the bathroom door and head straight for the toilet! He is getting to be a ton of fun, but also very active and into everything! He is also saying more words now: ball, momma, dadda, yeah, and just the other day I got him to say poppa! Gotta love that kid :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

CUTE!!!
What a little stud you have! I can barely get Easton to stand up for 5 seconds, let alone take any steps! Way to go Jackson!

Christi said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Walking! I can't believe that he is walking! He is getting so big. We miss you guys soooooo much!

The Petersons said...

Jeff just told me that Jack was now walking. How exciting! Although now you're gonna have your hands full even more. Good luck! :-)

Billings Family said...

I can't believe he's walking! How fun! Maverick has those same Jammies. I am so excited to add you to my blog, and then I can check on you guys all the time! Can't wait to see you! Su