Friday, October 19, 2007

Jack and the Pumpkin

So Jackson and I were at Target the other day cruising up and down the Halloween isle, looking at all the cute decorations I would love to buy if we just had lots of money to blow since, as many of you already know, Halloween is my favorite holiday. As we were walking along, we came across an isle that was basically just rows and rows filled with the classic plastic pumpkin trick or treat bowl. I know Jack is still pretty young to go trick or treating, but since he loves to go through my drawer of plastic containers and mixing bowls, I thought he might like a pumpkin. I picked it up and handed it to him, and little did I know I would never again see my son without his beloved pumpkin attached to his hand. Yes, he LOVES it. I had to have the guy at the cashier counter use his little gun that stretches out to scan it while Jack was holding on to it in order to avoid an embarrassing screaming meltdown from the little guy. The whole car ride home I could hear him talking into the pumpkin loving the way it made his voice echo. It was so cute. At home, he played with it, ate with it while sitting in his high chair, took a bath with it, and only could I pry it away when he was fast asleep! I have never seen my child happier and more entertained, meaning it was a good day for me! Thank goodness for plastic pumpkins!
I also have to add a little thank you here to my mom for the Halloween package she sent for Jackson. He loves the ball, the pumpkin flashlight and all the books. And the super cute trick or treat bag you made is my personal favorite! You are the best grandma and mom ever! It is always a ton of fun to get packages in the mail. Thanks! We love you!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute. Isn't it funny how they find something that they always want with them. I love the one with him in the bathtub. Reagan is like that with her toothbrush! Maybe she will be a dentist.