Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall Is Coming!


I love that in Oregon, there really are seasons. Don't get me wrong, I love the year round sunshine in southern cali., but I never realized until I moved up here to Eugene what I had been missing by the changing seasons. The weather is already starting to cool off and it's getting more and more fall like everyday. I love seeing the leaves change colors and then fall off and cover the entire ground here. It makes me wish I was a kid again so that I had an excuse to run and jump into those big piles of leaves since I never had the chance growing up. Another reason why I am excited for fall to be here is that it is getting closer and closer to one of my favorite holidays, Halloween! I love all the decorations, costumes, carving pumpkins, cooking pumpkin muffins, bars and pies and I especially love all the CANDY!! I am so excited to have Jackson this year because now I have an excuse to go trick-or-treating and since he is still too young to eat most of the candy, I guess I will just have to eat all of his for him! We haven't gotten his costume yet, but I think he is going to be a pirate... captain Jack. Oh, and about the picture- it was the only one I could find that showed all the leaves on the ground from last year.... boy am I glad I am not 8 months pregnant right now. :) Have a happy Fall everyone!

2 comments:

The Petersons said...

I love that the season is changing, too. This is my favorite time of the year minus the never-ending rain. I love it when I see the multi-colored trees as I drive around town. Anyways, I hope things are good with you guys. I miss John at the Teen Center, but I hope that him being gone is making things more enjoyable for you guys. A wise man once said that there is a season for everything. Here's wishing you guys the best with your's :-)

Emily said...

Hey Steph, it's Emily...Christi's friend. Cute picture, although I'm glad you explained it because for a second I thought you were well on your way to baby number 2!

I miss those beautiful leaves! Not much of that in Vegas! Jackson is SO cute!