Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby Bear is 2!!!



My little Baron is now 2!  I really wish he would just stop growing up.  I would be happy if he was my little baby bear for 10 years or so... then he can grow up :) .  Nevertheless, his birthday is today and he is now 2!!  I can't even begin to try to explain what a joy and how much fun Baron is to have in our family.  Besides starting to go through a new terrible 2 stage and new independency battles, he is the one that keeps us laughing constantly.  He is really funny, super sweet and a big time flirt.  He's got little girlfriends all over the place, and has been told (well told to me), that he already has great comedic timing. :)  I just can't say enough how much FUN he is!! We LOVE our little Bear!!

Bear also is a GREAT talker for his age.  It always amazes me the sentences he is already putting together. Some of my favorites include:

"Mom, my nose is all snotty! Need to wipe it."

"Change my bum mommy.  I go poo poo."  (I really need to start potty training him!)

"We're making a ship mommy!"  (which usually consist of piling up the couch pillows)

"Puppy dog is hungry" (meaning he is hungry.... he sometimes uses his doggie to speak for himself)

"No, don't help me.  I do it myself"  (so this one is definitely not one of my favorites, but more just one I hear ALL DAY LONG now).



Some other fun facts about our newly 2 year old:

He is REALLY into trains right now and got a new green one for his birthday.

He loves dogs.  He has a stuffed puppy dog that he sleeps with every night and carries around all the time.  Go HERE to read a post about him and the Graham's dog, Maggie.  And here's a cute picture of him putting his puppy dog down for a nap.



He LOVES nursery- anytime he hears someone say Amen in sacrament meeting he yells out, "Time for Nursery!"

He is getting really interested in learning ABC's and anytime he sees letters on a sign, store, street, etc, he always points to them and says, "Look Mom, ABC's!!"

Tomatoes are still one of his absolute favorite foods.  Those along with fruit snacks of course.

He LOVES watching Mickey's Clubhouse and has a new obsession with Mickey Mouse.  In October I was able to make a quick trip with just Baron to Southern California to visit my older sister, Shannon and meet her new little baby girl, Kaylee.  Baron stayed with my parents.  They took him and Shannon's son, Deacon to Disneyland.  While there, Mickey was walking around and Baron went right up to him and gave him a hug.  He was way more excited than scared.  My parents also bought him his own little stuffed Mickey Mouse while there and he has slept with it (along with his blanky and puppy dog) every night since.  Which leads to the cake I felt he would be the most excited about for this birthday:




 And boy was he excited! He kept pointing to his mouth and nose and eyes and ears and say, "It's Mickey Mouse!!"  Made the 2 hours we spend on it last night plus the hour the day before totally worth every second!


 And here he is opening his presents!
 New choo choo, new Buzz Lightyear Backpack, Mickey Mouse pj's and Rex and Slinky Dog toys from Toy Story 3.



Playing with the new toys




And one last random, funny bit about Baron.... he is the funniest sleeper! Whenever we check on them before we go to bed, Jackson is cuddled up in his blankets in the same position we left him, but Baron is always all over the place.  I just recently started taking pictures to try to capture this:





Here he is sleeping on the floor next to his bed again... he started to wake up when I took the picture though. 

Oh, and he loves to stand on his head.... he does it all the time.
 And he loves to make messes.... BIG messes.
 This was all the styrofoam from the train table him and Jackson got together for their birthdays from Grammie and Papa.



LOVE THIS KID!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARON JAMES!!!!

6 comments:

Brooke Beck said...

Steph, he is such a cutie!! Happy Birthday to Baron! And props to you for making that mickey mouse cake, holy cow! You're awesome! The cake is adorable! I love reading your blog :).

lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEE-MUM!!! I can't believe our little ones are already 2... and SO full of personality already! And, Lucy has had a small obsession with Mickey Mouse lately too and we were wondering where she got it from since we don't have any movies or the Disney channel or anything... hmm... pretty sure she got it from Bear! (Oh yeah, and the cake looks great! You're getting to be pro!)

Shalene said...

Happy Birthday Baron!! Even Summer got excited about the cake!! :) We are happy he was born!

Christi said...

I think you need to become a cake decorator!!! That cake is awesome. Sorry we didn't get to call, it was a crazy day. I say when we go to Oregon we have a Birthday Cake for everyone since we don't get to eat b-day cake together, and I say you make a pretty one :)
I can't wait to see you guys. They boys aren't going to even know me:( but I can't wait!!!!

The Yates said...

i love the cakes you are making! so fun. happy birthday to your little man. can't believe how big your kids are!

ashley said...

how is he 2? happy birthday baron! i wish we were closer and could come play!

and your amazing- that cake is rad!