Wednesday, December 10, 2008

He's Already Here!!

Introducing:

       Baron James Graham

Born: Dec. 9, 2008  at 9:43pm
Weight: 8lb. 3 oz.
Height: 21"

So as you can see, Baron decided to come all on his own, and 6 days early from his due date!  He is doing great now and we are still in shock that all the labor and delivery trauma is over and he is here!  Everything just happened so fast yesterday (which is definitely the better way to go, trust me, i have done both!), and we are just here now in the hospital hanging out with our new little guy, who is sooooo good! So far he has not been much of a crier and is pretty easy to please.  And, he slept for 7 1/2 hours last night!! It was sooo nice for us to get some much needed sleep.  Baron gave us a shock at first when he was born- he was really purple and not breathing too good, but he colored up pretty quickly, and when they did the oxygen level test 2 hours after he was born, he got a score of 99/100, so he is doing great now and hasn't had any more problems!  We were a little surprised to see how big he was even though he was a little early.  He is a solid little boy who looks just like his big brother- seriously they look exactly the same as newborns, the only real difference we can see is that Baron is definitely a little bigger all over- Jackson had real skinny arms and legs.  They both have gotten their dad's long and narrow feet and big hands with long fingers, and of course the both have my nose and eyes.  


He's a little angry for being taken out of his comfy water home



John just went to go pick up Jackson and bring him back to meet his new little brother, so we will have more pictures of the two of them in the next post!

For those interested in how labor went, it was a real shock for me and totally caught me off guard by how much faster it went this time, especially the switch from beginning labor to active labor.  I started having mild contractions around 2:30 in the afternoon and called John at work around 4:30 and told him he might want to start heading home (it takes a good 40-50 mins. to get home) so he could help out with Jack.  When he got home we went to go get some food and were even thinking of renting a movie to get my mind off of the contractions (as you can see, since Jackson was 52 hours of constant labor, we really didn't think he was coming so soon).  On the way to get food, all of a sudden my labor switched up a whole notch and contractions started to really hurt and come 5 mins. apart.  So we quickly got the boys food and drove back home to get Jackson's stuff  so we could drop him off at Tom & Lisa's where he was gonna stay.  But by the time we got back to our place the contractions were coming 2-3 mins. apart and were getting pretty painful so we had to go straight to the hospital where Tom met us to take Jackson back home with him.  I just couldn't believe how fast it kept picking up! So when we got to the hospital I was at a 5-6 and they almost didn't let me get the epidural because it was picking up so quick.  Luckily my doc said I could get it if I did right away, so I did which was sooooo nice to have that relief since I wasnt really getting much rest or even time to breath inbetween contractions at that point because of how close they were together.  About an 40 mins. after that I was at an 8 and the doc. broke my water and an hour later I was pushing! I pushed 19 mins total (the first 10 were actually pushing him down further and getting me to go from a 9 to a 10) and once his head was there it was pretty fast and easy to get him out which I am so grateful because like I said before he was not breathing too good.  I didn't really get to hold him right away because they had to get him oxygen, but besides that everything went great!

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well. He's a cutie!

Mandy said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad you had a safe and quick delivery. My best to all of you guys.

Amy said...

Yippee! I am so glad that everything went well for you and little baby Baron. I can't wait to see more pictures! Give your family all a big hug for me! Love you guys!

Christi said...

I can't wait to talk to you about it! I am so glad it all worked out so well. Reagan said that Baby Baron was so sad, b/c she thought she was crying b/c of the grease! He he so cute! I can't believe that he slept for 7.5 hours!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Woohoo! And six days early - that's awesome for YOU, Steph! He's beautiful - or I guess handsome. ;)

Shalene said...

Congratulations!!!! We are very happy he has made it safely!!!! We cant wait to visit!!!! We wont untill summer gets better so we dont get the boys sick but we will as soon as she is clear!!! We are excited for you guys!!!

Emily said...

Yay congratulations! He's so cute! I'm so glad everything went well for you this time and it wasn't as long! I bet Jackson is so happy to meet his little brother!!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

WAHOO!! We're so excited that he's here and we can't wait to come and visit. I'm so, so glad that everything worked out well - especially with the faster labor & delivery (that means there's hope!) and that he pinked up quick. That's always a little scary
He is a beautiful little boy - what a great addition to your family.
Ethan and I - and maybe Elisabeth to keep Jackson and Ethan entertained so I can hold the baby!! - are planning to come up on Saturday if that's ok.
Take care and we'll see you soon!!

Katie and joe said...

adorable! i am so glad everything went well- what a relief! and early too. i'm jealous! can't wait to see more pictures!

lisa said...

I'm so glad it all worked out so well... Jack keeps saying "Jacksie?...Jacksie?" He's definitely missing his buddy, but we'll come by soon to see that new precious little guy. Congrats again!!!!

ashley said...

yeah! i am so happy for you! glad labor was not 52 hours long again!