Monday, December 8, 2008

For those of you who are following along......

Just thought I should post for those of you who are following along from other places- no baby yet, but he will be here before the end of the week! At my last dr. appointment, my doc decided that since i am totally effaced already and dilated so far and because he is so darn low- which is not comfortable in any way, trust me- if Baron hasn't come on his own by this Thursday, Dec. 11th, then she is gonna have us go into the hospital and break my water! Wahoo!  She thinks that will get things officially going because pretty much all the signs are there, even a few contractions here and there, just not actual labor ones.  So we should have a baby here by Friday at the latest! Wahoo!!!  I cannot even tell you how excited I am to get this kid out! And my mom is flying in Wednesday night, so Baron will be here most the time that she is, which will be so nice to have her help!  So that is the plan, and if anything changes, we will let you know!

Oh, and I have to also add how grateful and blessed I am feeling right now to my Father in Heaven for preserving our family right now from sickness.  Pretty much everyone that was in Glide, even those who were just there for Thanksgiving day, have been sick with a nasty cold, some even having RSV ever since. We have been so so so worried about getting it while having a brand new baby, especially knowing how dangerous it would be if he got it.  But somehow, even though we were just as exposed, John, Jack and I are just about the only ones who have been spared from getting anything...... truly a HUGE blessing from on high.  And I am sorry to those of you who are sick- feel better soon!!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait to see pics of your happy family as soon as your newest addition arrives! Love you!

Christi said...

I am sooooooo glad that you guys aren't sick. This cold sucks. I can't believe that he is going to be here so soon. I can't wait to hear and see pictures.

Brooke Beck said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you, he needs to come now, I want to see cute pictures :) Good luck with everything!

Stephanie said...

How exciting! Fingers crossed for a swift and easy delivery this week. :)

Christine said...

ah..I got sick this weekend...it sucked...thanks to ethan. lol
but I still love that little guy!
I can't wait that Baron is almost here!! Its so exciting!
Good luck, I hope everything goes well! Loves to you all! :)

ashley said...

can't wait to meet that kid! good luck!

Katie and joe said...

light at the end of the tunnel! can't wait to know that he has arrived safely- good luck with everything!

NW Harbert's said...

I am so happy for you. I know how you feel to have a baby practically hanging out all over the place. My second did that, it was painful. I am so happy that the end is so near for you!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I'm still waiting for 'the call'!! I'm glad that Ethan was sick last week so that he is all better by this weekend and we can come visit - assuming you want visitors! Luckily, we took him in to the doctor and no RSV in this family - just a nasty cold. Sean caught something at school and was sick last weekend. Personally, I'm just exhausted from taking care of everyone!
Anyway... we can't wait to meet your new little guy - you'll be so outnumbered! Hope all goes well with labor and delivery and that he is here SOON!!
PS: I HIGHLY doubt that Christine got sick from Ethan - no fair blaming it on the 'baby'.

Shannon said...

wow, that is great! you will do great. watch elf again! ha.. mom is so great with new babies, so glad she is coming! hope we get to meet the new little christmas present soon!