Friday, May 6, 2011

A trip down memory lane...

Tonight we get to go to the temple... a young couple our age in our ward is going through the temple for the first time together.  It's a sweet story.... girl meets boy, introduces him to the gospel, he listens to the missionaries and feels the spirit, gets baptized, girl and boy fall desperately in love and get married a few months after his baptism.  Now, a year later, they are going through the temple tonight for their endowments and then being sealed together for time and all eternity tomorrow.  I am so happy and excited for them.  As I was looking through our pictures for something else, I came across this picture:



This is the night I went through the temple for my first time just 3 days before John and I were married in the San Diego, CA temple/castle =).  Having this young couple's special night already in my mind, seeing this picture brought back those wonderful memories I will never forget.  It was such a special night with the  spirit so strong.  I can't even begin to describe what it was like to be in the temple with not only my prince charming, but also with all my family and soon to be family there to support me.  I couldn't have asked for a better night.  I will never ever forget it.  I am so glad I married a man who also only wanted a temple marriage and who already had a great love and strong testimony for the importance of temple work, even before we were dating.  It was one of the things that helped me fall in love with him the most and is still something I love about him.  He's the best.  I love going back to the temple with him often... it's my favorite kind of date night.  :)


p.s.   not everyone that was there with us that night got into this picture... I think we remembered to take pictures a little too late and a lot of family, especially those with kids at home, had already had to leave.  I wish I had everyone in there... especially my other grandparents! I do have them in lots of wedding day pictures at the same temple at least.  And I wish I still had those shoes.... seeing them reminded me how much I loved them. What happened to them?? Brittany?? haha... you know I am teasing you :)  I have no idea where they went. Bummer.

4 comments:

Britt and Josh Child said...

Ohhh so that's where I got those! Heh jk you wish, funny thing is when I saw that pic I thought hmm those are cute shoes! This was a really sweet post, I miss you more than you know. I really need to get my butt up to Oregon!!

Shalene said...

The Temple is a wonderful place! We married into a wonderful family :)

Hesses Madhouse said...

Wonderful! I'm going to have my kids read this post. Love the photo of you guys! So fun to see.

Shannon said...

I agree, that is the best date night! It was such a great day, and I'm so glad I got to be there with you...and where is my hubby? Ha... what's new? fire academy i think...man, if we could only be so young and skinny and tan right? ha