Thursday, July 1, 2010

CA Trip Part 1- The Wedding

We are back from a quick, but VERY fun and VERY busy trip back to my hometown of Orange, CA in Southern California. I took Jackson and Baron with me, but John of course had to stay home and work a ton as always. The reason I went down to So Cal was for my cousin Kurt, who is my age meaning I grew up with him and we hung out with a lot of the same friends and were really close. Anyways, he got MARRIED!! Yeah!! He married Vilate Morgan, who is from the same Stake down there! So it was fun to be with all the Baron clan and I got to see a lot of friends from growing up! The wedding was beautiful (Newport Beach Temple- LOVE it!), and the reception was lots of fun, and the bride and groom were SO in love!! At the reception they had a candy table (Baron family tradition) AND an ice cream bar along with a dessert table. My kids pretty much devoured sugar all night. They danced and played with bouncy balls on the gym floor (thanks for those Aunt Burtney, aka Aunt Brittany) til way past bedtime. It was a lot of fun!! I should have all these amazing pictures from it all, but unfortunately I didn't realize until the day after the wedding that there was a huge smear on the lens of my camera. So almost all my pictures are blurry. LAME. I was SO mad. I will post some of the anyways though so you get the gist of our day!

The favorite "Aunt Burtney" as Jackson says, or "Bitney" as Bear says.
Fruit snacks... the best bribe there is

These 3 were inseparable and had so much fun together over the weekend.

Friends and cousins from High School days

Baron cousins with Grandpa Baron (minus a few who had left already or couldn't make it)


Jackson danced the night away at the reception.
All of the following pictures were taken by other people that were there and e-mailed to me. Thanks guys!!














3 comments:

Mandy said...

The blur in your picture looks like you did it on purpose in Photoshop or something as a special effect. It all looks great to me. You guys have such a beautiful family and I'm glad you had a good time!

Stephanie said...

How fun! Steph you look amazing and your hair is so long! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the visit with all your fam. :)

Shalene said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun!!! I bet it was nice to get away from home for a bit :)