Thursday, December 10, 2009

One Year Ago...

A year ago from Yesterday.....

I woke up with the feeling that "today is the day". I was 6 days away from my due date (though I was scheduled to be induced in 2 days) and my mom was flying in the next evening. I had a few minor no-pain contractions, but then they stopped. After lunch I decided to go for a work out walk and push Jackson in the stroller up some hills to see if that helped get things going. When we got home, I put Jackson down for a nap, took a shower and tidied up the house (even though it was sparkling clean- I had been cleaning every hour of everyday for the past few weeks, just in case). I stopped vacuming for the 2nd time that day because I was pretty sure my stomach was tightening a lot. I timed it and wrote it down. 2 hours later I called John to see if he could start heading home, even though the contractions weren't hurting and were about 2o-30 mins apart, just in case they didn't stop before Jackson woke up. An hour later, John comes home to me lying on the couch. We decide that tonight just might be for real and therefore need to go get some food for the boys and perhaps a movie to distract me from time moving slow (Jackson was 52 hours of labor). Half an hour later in the car, I start freaking out when they all of a sudden start getting real painful and 5 mins. apart. We drive home and grab Jacksons bag to take him over to the Jensen's house. While John is getting all our bags, I am in the car doing the hee-hee hoo's with Jackson (who is also doing them, thinking we are playing some sort of game), and they are coming about 2 mins. apart. We decide to drive straight to the hospital where Tom (our lifesaver) meets us in record time to take Jackson. I get checked in and the midwife tells me I am at a 5-6 and moving fast so I might not get an epidural unless I do it now- I decide to get it even though I was ok at the moment ( I was really scared it would still be awhile til he came). Less than 2 hours later (and 10 mins. of pushing), at 9:43pm, this little guy comes into our world:


And boy has it been a fun year! We truly have fallen in love all over again with baby #2, Baron James/ Baby Bear/Little Bear/Chubs/and sometimes my little Stinker Butt :)










At 1 year:

He has just about 7 teeth (#'s 6 & 7 are about half way in)
He sleeps 12 hours a night
He still LOVES any and all food
He is a little flirt
He absolutely loves to play peek-a-boo
He loves to put things on his head (hats, helmets, bowls, tupperware, blankets, etc.)
He can say, Mom, momma, Dada, No, Ball, No way, Bobba(bottle), Poo, and his working on apple
He walks like a pro now and is working on running
He climbs A LOT and on everything
He still thinks his brother is the funniest person ever

Just can't get enough of our Baby Bear! Happy Birthday Baron!!

8 comments:

Emily said...

He really is super cute! I can't believe it has been a year. How fun to have 2 boys.

Happy Birthday Baron!

Claudia said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! Are you doing anything special? We, of course, have Claire's on Sunday. I still can't get over how quickly this year has gone by! Baron is so cute--it's crazy to see how good he is at walking! (Claire doesn't even stand on her own yet!) Hope you have a great day!

Christi said...

He is looking so big!!! I can't wait to see him in person. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Sweet message Stephanie! You have a wonderful family. :)

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

It's been a year already?! Seriously?! Well...
Happy Birthday Baron!!

It was great to read his story. I remember being so anxious to hear the news and then totally bummed because I was sick and the weather was HORRIBLE and we couldn't get up there before we left for CA.

He is such a cutie! :)

Ralina said...

Happy Birthday to Baron! He is so cute!

Shalene said...

We are happy to have him as a nephew!!! Happy B day!!!

Shannon said...

I am back! I finally figured out how to see your blog posts. I had to scroll down to the list of your posts and do it that way. I have been trying for like a month and getting so mad! Anyway, it was fun to catch up on all the pics, the Jackson bday ones came out great! And it was fun seeing the falls again, because that was such a fun day! Happy happy bday to Baby Bear! Love that he is dec. like me! WE will always be buds. I am soooooooooo excited to play with the boys in a week. Drive safe, cyou soon! Hooray!