Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conference Weekend in Glide

We spent Conference weekend with the Grahams out in the country in good ole' Glide..... away from city life.... and it was GREAT! So relaxing, and lots of fun! We watched some football, helped decorate for Glide's homecoming dance, watched some pretty bad high school soccer, jumped in the freezing cold pool in the rain (in our wetsuits and booties), went for some walks, took some pictures, ate lots of yummy food (cinnamon roles,conference casserole, homemade berry frozen yogurt for example), and of course, cuddled on the couch and watched some wonderful conference talks! There's nothing like listening to the prophet and apostles speak to lift you up and get you motivated to work harder and re-prioritize. We had a lot of fun over the weekend and had a hard time leaving because we just didn't want to go back to our busy, stressful life. Thanks Gale, Sue and Heather (and Jackson would like to add Maggie and the kitties) for a great weekend!

Our attempts at a family picture with 2 little boys doesn't always go as planned, but we got some fun shots in the process






John loves to try to capture me on camera, which I hate because it usually turns out very badly, but this time I think he actual caught some ok pictures










9 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I'm so glad you guys have a place to go to "get away from the city" and just enjoy the country! What a fun conference weekend. :) I love the shots John caught of you... the one of you leaning on the fence is my favorite. Very nice.

Christi said...

I am sooooo jealous!!! I wish that we could hang out with you guys, and that food sounds delicious!
Cute pics too.

The Yates said...

cute pics!

Christine said...

Awww! I love the pictures! I really like the one of you on the fence (I see jennifer liked it too!) I love going to Glide, makes me feel like a true Oregonian! :) The food sounds delicious by the way!

Stephanie said...

What a great time! And for the record, I think you're beautiful. :)

Di said...

Ok so I found your blog on Lisa's. I hope that's ok. You look great and I can't believe you are working 40 hours a week! Crazy. More power to you.

Shannon said...

Beautiful! I want to go to glide for conference weekend... ha... i love that john takes pics of you! so cute!

Shalene said...

I love getting out of town. Glad you guys had fun!!

Ralina said...

You have such a cute family. I love the pictures. The ones of you turned out great. I have always thought you were pretty. Your boys are getting so big. We sure miss our play group at the church.