Tuesday, June 17, 2008

He's Back!!!!


John/Dadda is back!!! He graduated on saturday, and ever since then we have seen more of him in 3 days than we have for the past year! This was mainly because he had to take 18 credits a term including the hardest accounting classes this year so that he could graduate and we could get out of here and move on to starting our real life as we like to call it.  So he hasn't been around too much lately, but he did it and he's back!!  It has been sooo nice having him home too- Jackson especially loves having his dadda home to wrestle around with and play.  So, we've got two weeks to relax a little, pack up all our stuff and find a place to live, and then we are outta here on July 1st!   

John's graduation was this past saturday in the late afternoon.  His parents and younger sister, Heather, drove up from Glide to come to the ceremony with us, and Jackson actually did pretty well through it.  John graduated with an accounting major and a music minor.  He will be starting work for Pricewaterhouse Coopers- one of the big 4 accounting firms- in July.   After the graduation ceremony, we took some pictures and then headed over to one of John's favorite restaurants, Outback Steakhouse, where his parents were super kind to treat us to dinner!  After that we headed over to our place to have dessert and continue celebrating John and all his hard work over the past 5 years (2 years at BYU-I and 3 at U of O).   So that's pretty much it! Here's some pictures from the event:
John with his parents, Gale & Sue

Jackson found a dog of course that he just had to pet


I'd also like to give a little Happy Father's day shout out to my wonderful Dad and Father-in-law, and of course to John, who is the best dad I could have ever asked for to Jackson and Baby #2.  He has put up with a lot during my pregnancies, and he is always there to hold my hair back while i throw up,  do the dishes everynight, play with Jackson so I can take a nap or sleep in an extra 1/2 hour in the morning, and of course to make dinners and lunches when i can't even step into the kitchen without dry heaving.  And he does all this without being asked and with no complaints! He truly is the best husband/dad ever, and my best friend.  I couldn't do it without him and I am truly grateful for all the hard work and effort he has given and most of it is for us.  I love you John! Thanks for everything! Happy Father's Day, and of course Congrats on Graduating!!!
  

10 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats to you guys! I bet it's sch a relief to be done AND to have a job lined up!

Now come to Las Vegas and party!

Shannon said...

hey! this is your two favorite sisters shannon and brittany! we just wanted to say your family is superr sexyyy. we wanted to congratulate john and say happy fathers day! were way proud of him. we are so amazed at how cordinated jackson is already! hes got them baron jeans thats for sure!! well we love you and miss you and we cant wait to see you! love ya!!
britt n shan

Justin + kelly said...

YEA for John!! You will have enjoy all the time together before the job starts up soon. yikes. hopefully it will be much better in p-town for you guys. Seems like thats were alot of our ward is relocating too.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Great post and great pictures!! Congrats to John!! That is a major accomplishment. I'm so happy for your little family. We will miss you when you move to P-town, though. :( Hopefully we won't be too far behind you, but in Salem. I think we'll be there within a year. We're hoping to manage apartments so I can go to nursing school and maybe work on baby #2! We'll see.
We must, must, must get together before you leave!! Call me.

Christine said...

Yay! That is so exciting! Tell John congrats for us! I love the pictures!
We are sad to see you leave though :(

The Petersons said...

YAY!!! Congrats to John for graduating! When I worked with him, I witnessed how hard it was to balance work, school, and his family, and he always did it with a smile on his face. He's worked really hard and I'm happy for him to finally be done and moving onto a prestigious company, exactly like he hoped to do. You've got some big changes coming up and I wish you the best as you move, change jobs, and bring a 2nd baby into your home! Send John my best!

P.S. I love the pictures. You guys are so cute!

ashley said...

congrats that is great! good luck with that "real life!" haha
see you in a week or so!

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN! Wow! Good luck with moving and the new job! Jackson is way CUTE!!!

Stephanie said...

Yea, John! I didn't know he was getting a music minor. Fun! Congrats to you guys - and on getting ready to start "real life" - I'm so jealous! Hopefully, we'll be able to keep up with you guys as it all unfolds - blogs are awesome! :D

Tony Carpenter said...

Congrats! It's so good to see things going well for you guys. I miss you terribly.

Best of luck!