Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A White Christmas




Christmas week was very relaxing and a ton of fun! The Saturday before, we drove up to Redmond, Oregon which is about 30 mins. from Bend and stayed at this really nice Resort called Eagle Crest. It is an absolutely gorgeous area. After driving up in scary, slick roads and even putting on chains in the dark, we made it, but were sad to see no snow at all there at the resort! But, we woke up Monday morning, Christmas Eve, to a blanket of snow! It was so pretty and so exciting! We got Jack all dressed up in his snow clothes and let him go out on the deck and play with it.... which he loved! I swear that boy never gets cold. At home, he would play outside in the rain, stomping around getting wet all day if I let him.
Christmas day there was still snow everywhere, and so, having grown up in California and having spent my first two Christmases in CA with my family, I had my first white Christmas ever! Jackson was super spoiled and got a ton of fun toys and clothes including a big tonka dump truck, superman pj's (cape included) legos, stickers, and the cutest ABC book with family pictures that my super awesome sister-in-law, Christi, made. The rest of the week we went swimming, sat in the hot tub on our deck, did lots of shopping in Bend, played some serious monopoly, relaxed and watched some movies, watched Nick play Guitar Hero for about 3 hours straight, played some hard core tennis, and all the girls got to get pedicures! It was very fun and relaxing. On the way home on Friday, we stopped at Willamette Pass and went snowboarding, which was a ton of fun (Thanks to my super sweet mother-in-law and Mrs. Preggo, Christi, watching Jackson for us)! It was a great week and a ton of fun to be all together..... we were way excited that Nick, Christi and Reagan got to come from Vegas and we already miss them a ton!!



Jack and his best buddy, his Aunt Heather



Family picture by the river after church



Jack, with Reagan in the back on her sweet new Radio Flyer



Superman helping me open present and load the
wrapping paper in his new dump truck


My little superhero

3 comments:

The Petersons said...

I was waiting for the update, wondering how your family's holidays were, and it sounds like it was fantastic. Jack is getting so big and I'm sure it was tons of fun to have a Christmas in which he could enjoy all of his gifts. Your family picture is beautiful. I wish you guys a wonderful new year, filled with many blessings. Tell John I said hi :-)

Christi said...

We miss you already!!!! I am so glad that we were able to hang out a lot. Thanks for everything. I have been watching Gilmore Girls like crazy! That picture of Heather and Jackson is so cute. He has the perfect smile.

The Yates said...

this looks like such a fun trip! the pictures are all so cute.